Please join us in the International Organisation of Palaeobotany!
Membership gives voting rights, the privilege of holding office, access to the all issues of the newsletter, reduced registration fee for the International Organisation of Palaeobotany Conferences (IOPC), financial assistance and reduced IOPC costs for student members, as funds are available, and other benefits that are made available from time-to-time.
Please note that payments are by credit card and processed through PayPal. If you can’t or don’t wish to pay by credit card, please email email@example.com for information on alternate methods for payment and you will be added as a member manually.
|IOP membership length||Price|
|One year||US $10|
|Two years||US $20|
|Three years||US $30|
|Four years||US $40|
|Five years||US $50|
|Ten years||US $100|
Terms and Conditions of Membership
- Any palaeobotanist who subscribes to the aims of IOP is eligible for membership.
- The Secretary/Treasurer shall maintain a roll of members’ names and institutional addresses. This will comprise information received from all Regional Representatives. It will be revised at least once a year. It will serve as an electoral roll for the election of officers to the Executive Committee, as well as a useful world list of palaeobotanists.
- Membership takes effect immediately upon receipt of membership dues by the appropriate Regional Representative or though the Online Payment System.
- Membership is for one year from the 1st January in any given year. New memberships from the 1st June in any given year will receive what remains of the current membership year PLUS the next full membership year. Renewals placed before 1st October in any given year cover the current membership year. Those placed on/after the 1st October cover the next full membership year – you may be asked to make a catch-up payment if your membership is in arrears.
- Membership dues for the following year are to be paid before the end of the current membership year.
- Membership gives voting rights, the privilege of holding office, access to the most recent issues of the newsletter, reduced registration fee for the International Organisation of Palaeobotany Conferences (IOPC), financial assistance and reduced IOPC costs for student members, as funds are available, and other benefits that are made available from time-to-time.
- Institutions such as libraries and publishers may receive the newsletter by paying the annual dues set out in the By-Laws. They may not vote at elections or nominate candidates for election to office, and shall not be regarded as members.
- The amount to be paid for annual dues shall be laid down from time to time by the Executive Committee and incorporated by the By-Laws.
- Membership may be terminated for non-payment of dues extending over two years.
- Honorary Membership in IOP may be extended to individuals who have made exceptional contributions to palaeobotany (especially through a career long effort) and are now retired, or have given exceptional service to the IOP, or to regional palaeobotanical organisations but are now retired from that role. Honorary members will have free membership of IOP for life and enjoy all the benefits of a fully paid member. The process of establishing honorary members shall include nominations, to be accompanied by the names of two proposers, a brief statement of justification, and an active e-mail address for the nominee or the name of a Regional Representative willing to forward hard copy information. Nominations shall be approved by the Executive and/or by the membership.