Palaeobotanical research is published in a variety of scientific journals which vary in scope. Here we provide links to recommended journals devoted primarily to Palaeobotany and/or Palynology as well as to other palaeontological, botanical, and geological journals that commonly include articles in Palaeobotany.
Chief journals devoted to palaeobotany:
- Acta Palaeobotanica (Polish Academy of Sciences, Kraków).
- Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology (Elsevier publishers).
- Palaeontographica Abteilung B (E.Schweizerbart, Borntraeger & Cramer Science Publishers, Germany). Specializing in monographs, established 1846).
Other journals frequently featuring paleobotanical contributions:
- Palaeontologia Electronica (open-access, peer-reviewed electonic journal covering all aspects of paleontology, established 1998).
- Fossil Imprint (formerly Acta Musei Nationalis Pragae, series B).
- IAWA Journal (International Association of Wood Anatomists).
- Grana Palynologica (modern and fossil pollen).
- Palynology (stratigraphic palynology, established 1977).
- American Journal of Botany (Botanical Society of America).
- Botany (formerly Canadian Journal of Botany).
- International Journal of Plant Sciences (Formerly Botanical Gazette; University of Chicago Press).
- Palaeontology (includes some palaeobotany and palynology).
- Journal of Systematics and Evolution (formerly Acta Phytotaxonomica Sinica).
- Paleontological Journal (Paleontologicheskii zhurnal – the principal Russian periodical in paleontology).
- Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology (An International Journal for the Geo-Sciences).
- Cretaceous Research (publication of research on all aspects of the Cretaceous Period).